|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Payloads organization within Boeing Commercial Aircraft is seeking Associate Payloads Engineers in the Everett or Renton, WA locationsfor a number of different positions.
The Payloads organization is responsible for everything you see when you fly; and a lot that you don t: The Interior of the airplane, along with the Cargo compartments, exterior markings, associated systems, and cabin safety all make up Payloads. We are how our airline customers fulfill their mission and represent their brand. Our organization is a fast paced, dynamic environment, which pulls from many engineering backgrounds. The selected candidate will have a statement of work that spans the product lifecycle: supporting customer configuration development, supplier engagement, validating and verifying design requirements, integrating business needs, and supporting the product through the production and certification processes. Your work will include the need to interface with other members of project engineering, production engineering, program/product teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions. You will be able to combine the expertise and resources of the interiors organization to certify and deliver the best interiors products within the industry.
Be part of the team that connects rigorous technical design to the future of air travel.
Payloads is seeking candidates with experience in any of the following areas:
- Engineering support within a production system
- Direct engagement working with/for aerospace suppliers or airlines
- Experience supporting the validation of compliance to regulatory requirements
- Working with regulators
- Design for manufacturing
- Aircraft cargo compartment and handling system design, integration, and/or certification
- Assists to develop, integrate and document structural and interior payload system requirements to establish the system design.
- Assists the performance of tests to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Supports the management of supplier performance, test and production activities and coordinates with the supplier to optimize the design and achieve program goals.
- Assists in the development of new design/analysis processes and tools to improve the effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Supports the investigation of emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Develops, maintains and modifies interior payload system and component designs, using 3-D Computer Aided Design tools and/or other design methods, to provide product definition to other engineering groups, production operations, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors of Science (or greater) from an accredited course of study, in engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in engineering, including design, integration, and/or certification or equivalent combination of additional education and relevant experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Basic understanding and demonstrated experience with FAA Title 14 Part 25 and/or EASA equivalent.
- Experience in aerospace interiors, materials and properties, design criteria and release processes.
- 2+ years of experience in program or project management, leading project and/or program proposals of varying complexity (including: development and execution of schedule milestones, financial assessments, resource assessments, risk and/or issues management, etc.).
- Experience working in a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrates good problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Ability to use a variety of media to clearly convey information and ideas to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated interest in continuous personal learning and development
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on the candidate s eligibility.
Employee Referral Program:
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
This is a union represented position
This position is for 1st shift
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.