|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
Would you like to see a different part of your city every day from a bird s eye view? This job is action-packed, and we provide
all the training and equipment to start your full-time career. Our Billboard Installers complete anywhere from 20 to 50 billboard advertising installations per week. Our Lamar office in Des Moines, Iowa is now hiring a new Operations crew member to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Des Moines, IA and the surrounding areas.
Have you ever wondered how billboards are installed? Check out this video !
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Giving Back Program
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
The hourly rate for this position is $19 / hour. We provide performance-based wage increases.
The purpose of this entry level, full time position is to install and maintain billboards, including installation of advertisements, maintenance of structures, and the construction upkeep of billboard cosmetics. This entry level, full time position most often works alone and must be able to manage work schedules effectively.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Installing and maintaining all Billboards
- Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyls, cut and prepare flexes and vinyls for installation, cut, prepare and install copy on Tri-Visions
- Maintain construction structures-repairs including but not limited to: tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing trim and various parts of the billboard sign face and structure, change light bulbs as needed, paint structures, assemble structures and faces when required.
- Building and installing extensions on billboards, cutting brush/weeds, conduct storm damage repairs, minor electrical repairs, and sweeping/cleaning workshop area.
- Use power/manual tools, must adhere to all safety regulations.
- Attend installer and construction safety meetings as required.
- Maintain operation vehicles; maintain construction tools, equipment and machinery.
- Responsible for taking completion photos for proof of performance of installation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Must be able to work alone and manage work schedule effectively
- Good communication skills. Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Must be willing to work and get along well with others
- Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to comply with Lamar safety standards while performing work.
- Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other tools to the worksite from vehicle.
- Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of fabrication skills and techniques.
- Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and diagrams.
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety regulations
- Ability to safely use construction equipment, in regards to the construction and maintenance of outdoor structures.
- Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground safely
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and written logs
- Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation to construction and operations tasks.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid driver s license is required.
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course required.
- Preferred certifications: CDL, Non-CDL
- Previous experience working at heights up to 75 ft. above ground preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is outdoors, requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and climb to heights up to 75 ft.
- The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting (up to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and climbing.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
- On-call shifts may be required.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)