|Location||San Jose, California|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
JR/SENIOR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Our client is developing novel robotic-assisted technologies and interventional capabilities that will forever change the disparate outcomes of ischemic stroke - a disease that impacts close to a million people a year in the U.S., and 10 million worldwide.
As an Electrical Engineer joining early on this team, you will help with prototyping and technical investigations, system architecture design, board design, board bring up and test, with strong cross functional collaboration with the firmware, software, mechanical and clinical teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned on an individual basis:
- Work with cross-functional team honing requirements, prototyping, and testing
- Support labs and clinical customer testing
- Help design PCBAs, bring up and debug PCBAs, work with FW and SW to make boards and system functional
- DFMEA analysis
- Define and support definition of architecture, designs, and workflows
- Participate in design discussions and reviews
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline and 5+ years of related experience; or MS in Engineering with 3+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience in the medical device or related regulated industry
- 3+ years electrical engineering work experience
- 2+ years experience in a safety regulated environment (medical, aerospace, automotive)
- Proficient in Altium or equivalent
- End to end experience/understanding of board design and bring up
- Proficiency using lab equipment, power supplies, oscilloscope, multimeter, ammeter, and surface mount soldering and de-soldering
- Excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with EMC debugging
- Experience with IEC-60601-x
- Experience with clinical settings and medical device integration
- Passion for fast paced collaborative lab environments