|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
Performs a variety of general cleaning and disinfection tasks in both patient and ancillary areas. Removes waste in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Provides exceptional service to internal and external customers.
Education, License & Cert:
High School Diploma or GED is preferred.
No experience required.
- Exhibits guiding behaviors that reflect Guthrie s values and supports the organizational mission and vision.
- Authorized to access secured storage areas in the performance of essential job functions and duties.
- Performs inpatient, outpatient and/or office cleaning to ensure clean and aseptic environment.
- Reports maintenance issues to management (burned out lights, wall damage, leaking faucets, housekeeping equipment etc.). Reports regulatory or safety issues to management.
- Maintains equipment, cart, and closet in clean and safe working conditions, including ensuring appropriate levels of supplies are readily available.
- Identifies and segregates waste according to applicable state, federal and local regulations.
- Remains compliant with all annual training requirements and participates in regular training to ensure a continued understanding of departmental policies and procedures.
- Participates in team meetings, working groups and committees as needed to assist in developing processes within the department.
- Operates Epic Rovers and Vocera systems to facilitate effective communications within the department and to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Assist in the training of new hires in the assigned areas.
- It is understood that this description is not intended to be all inclusive and that other duties may be assigned as necessary in the performance of this position.
Employment Value Proposition
A career with Guthrie means being part of an organization that s proud of its heritage and clear about its future. Attracting and retaining the best talent is crucial to our ambitions - it s why we offer shared accountability, a team-based model, a supportive environment, and ongoing development and educational opportunities. If you re passionate about making a difference in patients lives in a close-knit community, this is where you belong.
Get ready to shape the future of a patient-centric, clinician-led organization with a proud history of progressive care.
Perks and benefits of a Guthrie caregiver:
- Competitive pay
- 403(b) - employer match/contribution
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of Guthrie, you ll find staff members who have committed themselves to serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500 physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.