|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security has an exciting opportunity for an Experienced Electro Optical Engineer to join us as part of our Puget Sound team located in Tukwila, WA.
Nestled in the lively Seattle area, Boeing s Puget Sound team brings the brightest and most passionate individuals together to develop creative solutions in support of Boeing s space programs! If you are a strong Electro-Optical Engineer or Physicist who has experience with modeling and simulation of complex systems, you will be hard pressed to find a better position!
Our teams create the next generation products and services for the Boeing Defense, Space & Security business and work the full product development lifecycle. In this role, you will play a key role with a group that is responsible for performance modeling, analysis, and optimization of electro-optical payloads, systems and subsystems on space platforms.
The position provides an opportunity to work with an experienced, interdisciplinary team to develop unique solutions to meet challenging requirements on dynamic development programs.
- Develop system and subsystem models from existing and developmental designs to analyze system and subsystem performance
- Use analytical methods and models, and develop measures of effectiveness/performance for payload and subsystem design elements
- Support development of operational concepts and operational constraints with analysis results
- Incorporate measured data from materials and subsystems in the laboratory into modeling environment
- Support trades and collaboration with engineering team though performance analysis
- Measure performance of design reference missions by modeling mission in software
- Develop and manage data flow through models and simulations, create scripts and connecting code where applicable
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor s Degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry AND 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience and familiarity using physics simulation software to model payloads and subsystems
- Experience in constructing quantitative analysis and/or modeling in a professional environment
- Experience with optical and infrared systems modeling, analysis, design for aerospace systems
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement
This position is for 1st shift.
Union Representation Statement
This is a union-represented position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.