|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking motivated Mid-level Flight Controls, Control Laws and Autoflight Engineers (L3) to join the team supporting various programs including 777-X, 737MAX, 787, Autonomy, and other development programs. The position offers exposure to a great variety of core GNC/Flight Controls tasks and experiences, including interactions of the control systems with the dynamics of the vehicle to assess factors such as robustness and margins, control structure interaction, performance evaluation, handling qualities, and loads in order to validate or assess the system design. The work also includes assisting in demonstrating compliance to applicable regulations and specifications by executing tests, performing analysis or simulation and design reviews in order to deliver a compliant product that achieves airworthiness certification. This requisition is for multiple positions in multiple flight control disciplines with many of the responsibilities listed below.
These positions are located in Everett, Washington and are expected to be 100% onsite.
- Gather, define and document system level requirements to support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements definition.
- Resolve requirement conflicts.
- Participate in new business development efforts.
- Perform and document analysis and design of Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) systems to validate or assess the system design or models.
- Develop solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction.
- Design trade studies to meet program requirements.
- Execute tests, perform analysis or simulation and design review per FAA, MIL-SPEC and NASA guidance to deliver a compliant product.
- Support development of solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction.
- Perform frequency domain analysis in Matlab/Simulink to assess system stability characteristics.
- Perform time domain performance analysis.
- Participate in the development and review of design requirements.
- Show compliance to requirements via appropriate testing and analysis.
- Develop and execute Detailed Test Procedures using flight controls test facilities with real flight hardware and software.
- Participate in engineering development and pilot demonstrations in the engineering flight simulators.
- Develop and execute software tests to support verification and validation activities
- Identify control law design and implementation problems
- Address in service squawks as necessary.
- Support flight tests.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- ABET accredited bachelor s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field.
- 3+ years of technical experience in an aerospace environment.
- 4+ years of experience in Matlab/Simulink.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Basic experience using UNIX desired, but not required.
- Knowledge and background in classical and modern control theory.
- General knowledge of theory of flight and aerodynamics.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a union represented position.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.