|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Job Title: Lead, Electrical Engineering
Job Code: IMS-89095
Job Location: Goleta, CA
Job Schedule: 9/80 Work Schedule
Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Responsible for architecting, designing, developing, modifying, evaluating and integrating electronic equipment, electronic parts, components, or integrated circuitry for complex, high performance hardware systems.
- Lead electrical engineering development efforts and delivering high quality solutions which achieve demanding performance, budgetary, and schedule requirements.
- Determines design approaches and parameters.
- Analyzes electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- May use high level programming language to configure programmable logic devices.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Able to identify component operational characteristics that may impact system performance and or sustainability.
- May also review vendor capability to support development.
- Includes the application of specialized skill sets including analog, digital, FPGA, DSP, CCA, power, antenna, RF and control systems knowledge as required.
- May develop, design, and assess the methodologies and performance of specialized algorithms for radar, communications, sonar, geophysical, and other sensor processing applications.
- Other duties as described.
- Up to 40% travel.
- Bachelor s Degree and minimum 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience; Graduate Degree preferred.
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Active DoD-issued security clearance, Secret level or higher.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Possess subject matter expertise in the design, development, integration, test and field installation of hardware electronics assemblies for DoD applications in marine environments.
- Professional Knowledge: Advanced level of technical engineering skill/knowledge and the ability to keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Leadership: Demonstrated skills and abilities needed to coordinate, facilitate, and participate in a collaborative approach to the completion of tasks or assignments.
- Proven capability to solve technical problems while meeting the needs of the customer
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with management, peers and subordinates