|Location||North Saanich, Canada|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
SEASTAR CHEMICALS ULC is a manufacturer of high purity reagents used in the global research and laboratory markets. We are recognized as global experts in the manufacture of ultra pure chemicals as well as leaders in the area of Trace Metal Analysis. Based in Sidney, BC, Seastar has been recognized as a top employer on the Saanich Peninsula. We are proud to offer a full suite of group benefits, including medical, dental and extended health coverage. To encourage our team to save for the future, we offer a matching RRSP program. In support of a healthy work-life balance, we promote an active lifestyle with our wellness program activities, fitness subsidy and opportunities to engage and have some fun with your colleague
Job Profile Summary: Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, this position has two areas of focus.
Logistics Specialist: Working as part of the Seastar Logistics team, the incumbent will ensure the effective and efficient movement of products globally. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for arranging domestic and international transportation for Seastar Chemicals.
Customer Support Specialist: Working as part of the Seastar Customer Service team, the incumbent provides the highest level of service and customer satisfaction to our customer base. The individual will be responsible for processing orders for high purity acids and a range of specialty chemicals to international customers.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Logistics Specialist (70%)
- Coordinate domestic and international freight.
- Track the flow of goods.
- Prepare documents for shipments.
- Utilize ERP system to complete daily transactions.
- Manage relationships with carriers and customs brokers.
- Resolve complaints relating to shipping damage and discrepancies.
- Ensure documentation complies with domestic and international dangerous goods shipping regulations. (TDG, IMDG, IATA, 49CFR, ADR)
- Ensure documentation complies with international trade laws and free trade agreements.
- Find solutions to complex international shipment challenges.
Customer Service Specialist (30%)
- Serve as contact for customers via telephone and email.
- Responsible for customer order process: general product inquiries, pricing, order entry, order status, and requests for documentation (C of A, MSDS).
- In conjunction with production planner, prioritize orders to meet customer delivery deadlines.
- Ensure the accurate and timely invoicing to our customers.
- Maintain and communicate pricing levels for selected customers.
- Work with Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs and other departments to communicate customer concerns regarding quality of product and/or service issues.
- Update and maintain company website with new articles, marketing literature, social media content, and catalog database.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key contacts at major accounts.
- Process bottle, drum, and container returns in a timely manner and work with finance to ensure credit invoices are completed in the ERP system.
- Update and maintain customer information and accounts in ERP system.
- Analyze sales trends via creating reports from ERP system.
- Prepare sales reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for review with senior leadership team.
- Participate in Seastar's process improvement and problem-solving teams.
- Participate in achieving organization's financial, operational, and service targets.
- Perform job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company's values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide backup coverage for Supply Chain and Customer Service.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Diploma or degree in Supply Chain Management, Marketing, or related field; or 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience using ERP, MRP, or other business software. Chempax experience preferred.
- Experience managing international dangerous goods logistics preferred. (TDG/IMDG/IATA/49CFR/ADR)
- Experience in customer service/sales with an international chemical distributor or manufacturer preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Well organized, self-motivated, and quick thinking; able to make key decisions based on the company parameters.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate in a courteous, organized, and urgent manner to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines in high-pressure and time sensitive situations.
- Professional telephone manner. A good communicator and listener, multilingual considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of operational procedures related to the movement of materials in a manufacturing environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team to reach department and organizational objectives.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Position is in an office environment but will require the individual to be in a warehouse, packaging, and chemical production area as required.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly in an office but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting, or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.