|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. While Kraft Heinz is co-headquartered in Chicago and Pittsburgh, our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Kraft, Oscar Mayer, Heinz, Philadelphia, Lunchables, Velveeta, Planters, Maxwell House, Capri Sun, Ore-Ida, Kool-Aid, Jell-O, Primal Kitchen, and Classico, among others.
No matter the brand, we re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally . Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion - and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen - there s only one thing to do: join our table and let s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level - from entry-level intern to senior leader - to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners - to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz - which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level - and you ll be rewarded. You re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won t do it alone. You re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking Maintenance PLC/Electricians to work at our facility in Muscatine, IA. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated and be willing to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment. This position requires individuals to perform general production duties in a food manufacturing environment following strict quality and safety standards.
- One must have performed work as an Electrician, have comparable experience and/or demonstrated Technical abilities; internal screening may be used to determine skills as necessary
- Must be able to operate and maintain all equipment in assigned area
- Candidate must be able to train self/others on mechanical skills, mechanical repairs and overhauls, maintenance systems, computer skills; new technologies in preventive/predictive maintenance, problem solving/troubleshooting, etc. where skills are not at the required level
- Must be able to communicate and interact to coach team members on basic tasks in a professional manner
- Duties assigned such as, changeovers, center lining, FI events, and any task that requires a maintenance skill set.
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
We offer a variety of benefits depending on how you chose what is best for you, but what is offered are:
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term disability
- (HRA) Health Reimbursement Account or (HSA) Health Savings Account.
- A shift differential for those who work second or third shift.
Work schedule varies. Must be able to work any shift needed, including overtime.
- 1st shift - Mon - Fri, 6am - 2:15pm
- 2nd shift - Mon - Fri, 2pm - 10:15pm
- 3rd shift - Mon - Fri, 10pm - 6:15am
Start times can slightly vary depending on department or position
Plant & Community Overview:
Bullet points you may want to include are:
- Over 300 employees
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities
- Union Plant, represented by UFCW 431
- Original Construction 1892
- 2nd Heinz Plant - First west of Mississippi.
- Opening in 1893 as Heinz Pickling Works.
- First Products: Sauerkraut, Horseradish, Pickles
- 1895 started Tomato Processing
- Current Products: Ketchups, L&P, Heinz Homestyle Gravy, Single Serve Ketchup, 57 Sauce, and BBQ Sauces
Welcome to Muscatine, IA: Muscatine, IA - Official Website Official Website
Are you ready to work at HJ Heinz s longest operating facility and join a team that produces quality products that are amongst over 50 household brands in the U.S.? This is a place for you to create your career and make a difference!
Areas of responsibility include maintaining and repairing manufacturing equipment- machinery- and plant systems. A successful candidate in this role is a fast learner- likes to observe and recommend changes to improve their jobs. Feels comfortable working with electrical and mechanical equipment. Candidates in this role will be required to perform all job duties assigned by their supervisor. This is an ideal job for somebody looking for long term career with a stable- reputable company.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Works with all departments to meet or surpass the plant s safety goals
- Recommends and implements continuous improvement on equipment and system design through use of the team concept. Support project planning and execution
- Follows all GMP s (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Troubleshoots through PLC s
- Ability to write program changes
- Able to fix process issues
- Troubleshoots and calibrates I2P s
- Programs and replaces VFD s
- Capable of retrieving and downloading programs into HMI s
- Performs troubleshooting and equipment repairs as needed to minimize downtime
- Installs/ repairs/ maintains all types of electrical equipment including PLC s, wiring, motor starters, switches, motors, actuators, valves, etc
- Reads and understands all types of blueprints and CAD drawings
- Operates power tools, hand tools, and electrical and instrument test equipment to install, maintain, and troubleshoot plant equipment
- Operates all types of machine shop equipment including drills, grinders, and cut-off saws
- Performs all necessary documentation of work performed and any unusual conditions, or defective equipment with the highest accuracy possible in SAP
- Executes Food Quality PM s as assigned
- Executes ownership of tools and shop by maintaining good housekeeping and a clean and orderly work area.
- Mentors and trains other Technicians and Apprentices in technical and leadership skills.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all employees on all shifts
- Conduct training for other associates in area of responsibility
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Location(s) Muscatine Maintenance Workers
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity