|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Please note we are located in Muscatine, IA
HNI Workplace Furnishings, HON and Allsteel, have an Advanced Maintenance Technician opening in Muscatine, IA!
Shift: (insert open shifts)
Pay: starting between $29.00 - $35.00 per hour based on prior manufacturing experience. Our 2nd, 3rd, or weekend shift opportunities receive an additional hourly shift differential. We pay our Members weekly!
In an Advanced Maintenance Technician role, you will be responsible for performing a wide variety of installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs related to production equipment, plant facilities, and environmental systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Installs, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs production and any specialized equipment involving:
- Power Transmission, Lubrication and Pumps
- Instrument/Vision Systems (Repair, Install, and Troubleshoot)
- Piping and plumbing
- Electrical Theory
- Mechanical Operations
- Motors, Automation and Robotics (Maintain and Repair)
- Paint Oven Process Heating, Paint Oven Controls and Troubles
What is expected?
- Safety - comply with safety, quality, and production requirements and procedures; meet the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Environment - Dust, fumes and noise are common; while some facilities are climate controlled, seasonal fluctuations in temperatures and humidity are expected
- Preferably a minimum of 4 years of experience in an industrial or military setting focusing on electro-mechanical maintenance, electrical and power distribution, electronics, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical equipment, motor controls, drives and programmable controllers.
Education and/or Required Training:
- No prior education or training is required.
- Must successfully meet the benchmark of skill assessment.
- Daily Pay - offer a voluntary benefit to gain immediate access to a percentage of your next paycheck without having to wait until pay day!
- Benefits Day 1 - medical, dental, vision and 11 paid holidays
- Paid time off accrues in your first month and earn up to 2 bonus weeks of paid time off (with perfect attendance) through our Attendance Rewards Program
- We offer an inclusive workplace and culture where all Members are welcomed and valued
to see all that HNI has to offer, please visit
- Pass pre-employment drug testing
- Pass a 7-year criminal background check
- High school diploma or GED is not required
To apply for a full-time position, please complete an application online or stop by Monday thru Friday, 8am-5pm: Recruitment Center, 816 East 5th Street, Muscatine, IA 52761.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other s differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!