|Date Posted||September 28, 2022|
Trades & Services
Unit Specific Performance Objectives
- Maintains and repairs the domestic water supply and distribution system including hot water systems.
- Maintains and repairs fire alarm systems/devices, sprinkler system, and related equipment, and tests and documents testing of system as necessary.
- Maintains and repairs electrical equipment and system as necessary.
- Maintains and repairs HVAC systems and related equipment.
- Performs drywall repair and painting as required.
- Maintains suspended ceiling systems including fire-rated assemblies.
- Performs carpentry and other remodeling or repair work as necessary.
- Purchases maintenance supplies and equipment as needed for inventory.
- Exercises and maintains emergency generator and document testing.
- Performs plumbing maintenance and repairs on domestic lines and waste systems.
- Maintains and repairs all hospital equipment.
- Maintains hospital grounds including landscaping maintenance and snow removal.
- Performs and documents tests and reports on mechanical devices, hot water tanks, plumbing systems, electrical appliances, and HVAC units, and completes other maintenance reports as necessary.
- When available, performs general cleaning of patient areas, offices, rest rooms, bathrooms, nurse's station, etc.
- Receives, counts, sorts, orders, and distributes linens for patient areas.
- Assists unit staff in patient restraint as required.
- Collects and transports various types of waste, including municipal, infectious, and recyclable, in accordance with regulatory standards.
- Cleans patient areas upon discharge in preparation for incoming patients.
- Maintains current knowledge of all cleaning products and chemicals, and the safe application of such material.
- Participates in the implementation and monitoring of quality assurance and quality improvement programs for area of responsibility.
- Maintains current knowledge of and promotes safety within the department, including insight into the development of department policies and procedures.
- Identifies, reports, and responds to unsafe conditions within the hospital or its grounds in an immediate fashion.
- Participates in own performance process.
- Maintains competence in identified universal, core and critical competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.