|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is hiring for Materials & Sustainability Engineer.
This position is located in Everett, Washington.
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes Product Development Materials & Sustainability organization is seeking engineers with a range of experience levels to support development of future and derivative airplanes and production systems working. As part of this team you will have a key role in cultivating and executing an innovative portfolio of projects, features and capabilities aimed at impacting the total lifecycle of future commercial airplanes including design, build, delivery and support in service. The work within Product Development is dynamic, interdisciplinary and fast-paced and we are looking for team members who can engage and thrive in this exciting environment.
The mission of the Materials & Sustainability team is to enable Boeing s commercial airplane platforms and the production systems that build them to be better, faster, lighter and smarter through sustainable materials technologies.
- Our engineers engage on the leading edge of developments in metal alloys, composites, specialty materials, fabrication and assembly technologies and sustainability.
- The work includes execution of development plans and maturation projects, increasing deployment of environmental Life-Cycle Assessments (LCAs) on current and future programs and working to integrate across multiple engineering disciplines to transition improvements to production.
- You ll also have the opportunity to work in the lab with some of the industry s top professionals and to engage in the field to understand and act on the needs of our production teams and customers.
We are committed to developing materials and sustainable technologies that create positive outcomes for our products and planet, and our unique position allows us to partner with diverse engineering and strategy teams, influence technology across programs and leverage innovations to impact all aspects of airplane development!
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering or any technical field.
- 3+ years of experience with materials and sustainability engineering disciplines.
- 3+ years of experience leading environmental sustainability related programs with a focus on operations, including development of strategies, goals and implementation plans.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This is a union-represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.