|Location||Mercer Island, Washington|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is actively seeking P-8 Lab Test Manufacturing Engineers located in Kent, WA to support the Kent, WA Lab Test Team to assist in the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies. Selected candidates will participate as members of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) in the integration of technical solutions.
- Drive Planning Systems to create Work Orders for Lab Production Technicians, c/w Design Engineering, Lab Test Build Team, SCMA (Supplier Management), Quality, and Stores personnel to ensure all Parts, Plans, and Tools support P-8 Program needs, including working Engineering Change Coordination Memos, Shippers, TWD's.
- Assist in the development and implementation of production and tooling methodologies.
- Work with others to develop, identify and implement conceptual designs and maintenance of the program architecture for build.
- Assist in implementing manufacturing plans.
- Resolve technical problems and assists in the implementation of new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 1+ years of experience with mechanical/structures assembly engineering and/or mechanical research & development.
- 1+ years of experience in manufacturing, fabrication, or assembly processes and procedures.
- 1+ years of experience working with and/or interpreting engineering data or engineering drawings.
- Experience working on multiple projects concurrently.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience as a Project Engineer, Project Manager, Integrated Product Team Lead, Production Manager, and/or Test and Evaluation Leadership.
- Experience developing and deploying quality metrics and using quality metrics to drive results.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union-represented position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.