|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
Location: KW Campus
Work Type: Full Time
Shift: 7.5 Hour Shifts- Monday to Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
The incumbent will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of all piping systems including hot and cold water and domestic hot water circulating systems, sanitary and storm sewers and related vent piping, systems, medical gas system from source to outlet and related piping, valve and alarm panels, natural gas, high and low pressure steam. Including safety valves and pressure control stations and condensate systems, compressed air piping systems, chilled water or low grade heat piping systems, de-ionized and purified water systems, acid waste drain piping, sprinkler systems and alarms, fire hose and standpipe systems and all applicable standards, codes and regulations.
- Certificate of Qualification
- Five or more year s experience preferred
- Courses/experience in millwrighting, gas fitting, refrigeration, HVAC, Electrical, CAD Blueprint reading and/or other trades would be an asset
- Knowledge of back flow prevention would be an asset
- Preventive maintenance and computer systems (Building Automation Systems) experience preferred
- Must have computer experience with a variety of software applications including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have a valid Ontario drivers license
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize work assignments
- Must be able to work in an environment where priorities frequently change
- Effective communication and planning skills
- Must be self motivated and a team player with a positive attitude
- Evidence of good attendance record
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSTING IS CLOSED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to fair and equitable employment and in our recruitment and selection practices. We strongly believe in inclusion and diversity within our organization, and welcome all applicants including, but not limited to: racialized communities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, Indigenous people, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of our Hospital community. We are committed to providing and fostering a respectful workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment. Grand River Hospital is a proud member of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion (CCDI).
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates, including those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources in advance for assistance.