|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
The Restoration Technician is a first responder on property loss situations and helps to mitigate the damage in both residential and commercial structures. Technicians are responsible for water damage mitigation, structural board-up and security, on-location cleaning, microbial remediation, content pack outs, content processing/deodorization, content storage and handling.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Water extraction and mitigation
- Fire and smoke cleaning and restoration
- Microbial remediation
- Vandalism, crime scene and biohazard clean up
- Structural board-up and site stabilization
- Carpet cleaning
- On location cleaning
- Content handling/storage
- Equipment set up, monitoring and break down
- Field management and supervision of all temporary labor personnel
- Manage and maintain a clean and organized appearance of vehicle, equipment, material and consumables on job site and warehouse at all times
- Manage and maintain inventories of all equipment, material, consumables and tools
- Representation on BluSky Emergency Mitigation On Call Rotation
- Complete all necessary paperwork including daily progress report, moisture logs, safety logs and diagrams
- Provide the highest level of customer service
- Adheres to all company best practices.
- All other duties or projects as assigned.
- 1 year of restoration industry experience (water, fire, and mold) is preferred
- IICRC accreditations for fire & smoke, water damage, and microbial remediation is preferred
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Ability to work with people in a professional manner
- Maintains a valid and current driver s license
- Availability for travel in response to out of town projects and/or catastrophic events
- Successfully pass a national criminal background check and motor vehicle report background check
- Successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening
Work Environment and Physical Demands for Position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is in the work environment can range from quiet to moderately loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move between 25-50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle material, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or occasionally crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
BluSky offers this position a competitive hourly rate and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance plans (medical, dental and vision), life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with guaranteed match, 12 paid holidays, and PTO.
BluSky is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.