|Location||Greenville, South Carolina|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Job_category: ATS - GOF SAL
Salary_interval: Salaried - Exempt
Application_instructions: Would you like to be part of a family who loves to take on exciting challenges? Metromont Corporation has been one of the leaders in the construction industry for nearly a century and is currently accepting resumes for Senior Structural Engineer to be part of our dynamic team! This position opening is to be located at our Greenville, SC location.
Metromont was founded in 1925 on the principles of faith, honor, and passion, and 96 years later, those values are still the foundation of who we are and everything we do. A third-generation company with nearly 1,500 associates across six manufacturing facilities in South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Virginia, Metromont is a leader and pioneer in the engineering and manufacturing of precast concrete. Most of all, we're a trusted partner, working side-by-side with our customers from the earliest stages of project design through turnover of the completed structure. In addition to the production of precast concrete, Metromont provides our customers with complementary design and engineering, hauling, erection, and field services to support their full construction needs. Across the eastern seaboard, the southeast, and even as far west as Arizona, our customers rely on us to provide innovative precast solutions and the best quality for their parking structures, data centers, multifamily housing, office buildings, warehouses, schools, and stadiums. And we do, because a trusted partner is who we are - and who we've been for nearly a century.
This position includes senior-level structural engineers with PE certification who provide leadership, training, industry experience, and technical expertise. The Senior Structural Engineer has the ability to take on technically complicated, complex projects.
How do we take care of you?
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision Insurance, Telehealth, and Health Savings Account available on your first day of employment
- Wellness Program to support employee health
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation
- 7 paid holidays
- Safety Shoe voucher - $150
- Continuing Education Program
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience - internal or external
- Previous precast concrete engineering design knowledge preferred
- Highly dependable with strong work ethic
- Eager to learn
- Able to work individually or on a team
- Strongly values relationships and interaction with people
- Maintains a balanced perspective about change; adapts when necessary while placing value in consistency of processes
- Positive outlook
- Computer skills (experience with engineering design software preferred)
- Analytical thinker with above average problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong personal organization skills
- Above average ability to manage multiple priorities
- Values teaching and demonstrates a willingness to develop others
- Demonstrated ability to managed multiple projects and priorities, maintain project schedules, and work effectively within a project team
- Above average assertiveness; proactively addresses project issues
- Strong communication skills
- Able to document ongoing information on projects for record keeping purposes
- Able to adapt to changes in work schedules, tasks, or processes
- Values and demonstrates safe working behaviors
- BS Civil Engineering required; structural emphasis preferred
- PE Certification required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Metromont Corporation (Company) is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity. To this end, the Company does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,sexual orientation, pregnancy (including medical needs due to pregnancy, child birth or other medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected status. This Policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, as well as the use of all Company facilities.
The Company is also committed to making reasonable accommodations based on an individual's disability, religion, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions (including, but not limited to, lactation), or any other protected status where a reasonable accommodation is required under the law.
No form of unlawful discrimination, unlawful harassment, unlawful refusal to reasonably accommodate or unlawful retaliation will be tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)