|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Harbor's Edge is a premier resort-style Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located on the harbor in Norfolk, Virginia. Harbor's Edge has a $225 million expansion underway, the River Tower, that includes an additional 24-story tower, doubling the square footage and adding 147 residential living units and 20 assisted living units. When complete, Harbor's Edge will have 300 residential units in addition to a 33 bed (Medicare/Private Pay) Skilled Nursing unit and 80 Assisted Living/Memory Care units. The Community will employ approximately 300 employees.
Harbor's Edge is currently hiring experienced wait staff to support our 5-star Dining and Catering operation. Positive and friendly individuals with a professional appearance are encouraged to apply. We are located on the waterfront which offers stunning riverfront views of the Elizabeth River from the dining venues.
The Server will wait tables, maintain the dining room and service areas, and assist with special functions. Full time and flexible, part time work schedules available. Shifts are usually from 11:00 am to 9:00 pm. Full-time servers will have a break between seating from 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
- Maintains proper table settings, placement of flatware, glasses, napkins, condiment dishes, and vases
- Serves residents promptly, courteously, and in a professional and orderly manner
- Clears dishes after meal service, cleans tables and chairs, and resets tables for the next meal
- Assists in the preparation and delivery of service for special functions
- Demonstrates positive resident relations and adheres to the facility's quality care and service standards for all residents, families, and guests
- Follows sanitation and safe food handling guidelines
- Uses Point of Sale system accurately with minimal errors
- Maintains a positive, cheerful attitude at all times
- Attends in-service classes and staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- At least one year of relevant experience preferred. Willing to train.
- Food Handlers Card required, training offered during orientation.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public
- Able to follow spoken and written instructions
- Able to carry up to 40 pounds